The registration for my mentoring program, “Fundamentals for C++ Professionals”, is still open until 17th April. The program starts on 22nd April.
Do you want to become a professional C++ developer? If yes, consider my mentoring program and invest at least 3 hours per week for nine months. You will master C++ (including C++17) in 28 steps. Here are they.
- Types: enumerations, pointer, references, and casts
- Types: type deduction with
- Values: initialization, conversion,
- Values: move semantics and perfect forwarding
- Classes: attributes and constructors
- Classes: initialization, destructors, and member functions
delete, operator overloading, explicit, access rights, friends, and structs
- Inheritance: abstract base classes, access rights, constructors, base class initializers
- Inheritance: destructor, virtuality,
final, and multiple inheritances
- Templates: functions and classes
- Templates: parameters and arguments
- Template Specialization
- Type Traits
- Smart Pointers
- STL: General Ideas (containers, algorithms, iterators, callables, range-based)
- STL: Common Interface of the Containers
- STL: sequential containers and associative containers
- STL: algorithms
- Strings including string views
- Regular Expressions
- In- and Output
- Threads: creation, data sharing, mutexes, and locks
- Threads: thread-local data, thread-safe initialization, condition variables
One step consists of theory, practice, and mentoring:
- Pure theory with approx. ten slides (video)
- Applied theory with approx. five examples (video)
- Explain the exercises (video)
- Explain the sample solutions to the exercises (video)
- Live Q&A session on each Friday of each week, in which I address questions about the week’s topic; I record this session.
- E-mail queries by participants; I publish the e-mail responses anonymously if appropriate, or address them in the Q&A sessions.4
Additionally, I provide one-to-one mentoring.
During the program and at the end, I will have a one-to-one mentoring call with each participant. Each one-to-one mentoring call has a unique purpose.
- During the mentoring program: You decide when it should happen. The purpose of this one-to-one call is simple. I want to support you in mastering my mentoring program.
- In the end: I want to provide you with additional guidance for your career as a C++ programmer because you are never done learning.
There is way more to it. I will create additional mentoring programs at the end of these years and have tons of precious further content such as videos, articles, and coupons for my book about the C++ standard library. Here are the technical details:
- Launch page and more details: https://www.modernescpp.org/
- Registration is open: until the 17th of April
- Course start: 22nd April
- Participate: create a login (https://www.modernescpp.org/courses/fundamentals-for-c-professionals/) and take the course
- Price: €2250 (9 * €250)
- For participants from Germany and final consumers, I have to add 19% VAT (European_value_add_tax)
- Payment: Credit and debit cards, PayPal, or bank transfer (https://www.modernescpp.org/rainer-grimm/)
Still not sure if you should participate? Here are your next steps:
- One hour introduction: https://vimeo.com/687649517.
- Sample section 6 (move semantics and perfect forwarding). Of course, the mentoring part is missing: Move Semantics and Perfect Forwarding.
- Please write me an e-mail: info@ModernesCpp.de. I’m happy to help.
I’m very excited to have you on board,