Fundamentals for C++ Professionals
The Mentoring Program
The mentoring program consists of 30 stations. For each one, you have to invest at least 3 hours/week. Therefore, you can integrate my program into your workday.
- Types: Enumerations, Pointer, References, and Conversions
- Types: Type Deduction with
- Values: Initialization, Conversion,
- Move Semantics
- Perfect Forwarding
- Classes: Attributes and Constructors
- Classes: Initialization, Destructors, and Member Functions
delete, Operator Overloading, explicit, Access Rights, Friends, and Structures
- Inheritance: Abstract Base Classes, Access Rights, Constructors, Base Class Initializers
- Inheritance: Destructor, Virtuality,
final, and Multiple Inheritance
- Templates: Functions and Classes
- Templates: Parameters and Arguments
- Template Specialization
- Type Traits
- Smart Pointers
- STL: General Ideas (Containers, Algorithms, Iterators, Callables, range-based for-loop)
- STL: Common Interface of the Containers
- STL: Sequence Containers
- STL: Associative Containers
- STL: Algorithms
- Strings and String Views
- Regular Expressions
- In- and Output
- Threads: Creation, Data Sharing, Mutexes, and Locks
- Threads: Thread-Local Data, Thread-Safe Initialization, Condition Variables
- Tasks: Futures and Promises
Each station consists of theory, practice, and mentoring:
- Pure theory with about ten slides (video)
- Applied theory with about five examples (video)
- Additional posts and training videos
- Exercises (video)
- Sample solutions to the exercises (video)
- Active C++ community in moderated forums
- Live Q&A session each Friday, in which I address forum questions (recorded)
- One-to-One mentoring at the end of the mentoring program
- Watch station 6: Move Semantics (including default and delete)
How to Participate?
The mentoring starts in October 2022. The program takes eight months. You can start at any time and book now.
Four Easy Steps
Here are the necessary steps:
You can either pay with Stripe or a bank transfer
The mentoring program costs €3200. You can pay one-time or monthly.
Stripe accepts all usual card brands such as American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. You can pay one-time or monthly.
Here are the Stripe links:
Add your username to the comment field when you choose a bank transfer. Here is my bank account:
Volksbank Herrenberg Nagold Rottenburg
IBAN: DE30 6039 1310 0408 7730 06
My pricing model is based on individual participants. If your company or department would like to participate in this mentoring program, please contact me directly: Rainer.Grimm@ModernesCpp.de.
Mentee Membership and Community Membership
When you mastered your mentoring program, you can extend your Mentee Membership with a Community Membership.
- Member of a mentoring program
- Includes community membership
- Access to the previous mentoring program
- You cannot participate in the Q&A sessions, but you can watch recorded Q&A sessions
- Becomes a community member if requested
The Ideal Mentee
First, you need a basic knowledge of C++, and you want to become a professional C++ developer in eight months. You have to invest at-least three hours a week and can, therefore, integrate my program into your workday. In the ideal case, your company supports you with time and money.
Here are a few participant profiles I have in mind:
- Young professionals who want to master the start of their career
- Students who wish to prepare for their first job (interview)
- Software developers who want to qualify themselves further professionally
- Team leaders that want to bring their team members on the same page
Still not sure? These are your options:
- Write an e-mail to Rainer.Grimm@ModernesCpp.de. I’m happy to help.
- Watch my previous one-hour presentation on this mentoring program: Fundamentals for C++ Professionals
- Starting in August, I will give additional one-hour introductions to this mentoring program.
- Read the following testimonials from current mentees.
If you want to stay informed, write an e-mail to info@ModernesCpp.de.
What Mentees Say
Rainer Grimm’s mentoring program Fundamentals for C++ Professionals is truly one of a kind. It opens the door to an immense amount of well structured information to learn all fundamentals of the C++ language with a depth that suits your background knowledge and the amount of time you can spent on the program. With Rainers long experience and knowledge about the language, the mentee’s skills are thoroughly and consistently strengthened every single week of the program.
I am enjoying the program a lot for the fact that it is intense on one hand but perfectly suited for following in parallel to a full time day job, the format and duration allows the material to really get settled. In my opinion the program is highly recommended to everyone that is dedicated to make C++ one of their core skills in a professional career and is prepared to engage with a focussed community of mentees and the excellent mentor Rainer Grimm.
I took this Mentoring Program to deepen my knowledge about C++. I was stunned by the huge amount of Videos and effort Rainer Grimm put into this program.
He does not only provide Videos, Examples and Exercises to explain the different Topics, he also provide further informations regarding those topics (Blog posts, Videos from CppCon etc).
One big advantage of the course is that you could wrote questions directly to Rainer Grimm or into the Forum and he will answer and explain also his answer in the weekly Q&A Sessions at the end of each week.
I could really recommend this Mentoring to beginners and also to intermediate C++ developers.
I am very happy I signed up for Rainer’s mentorship program. The pace is perfect to follow along while having a full time job, and most importantly the content has a great balance between theory and practical knowledge so you can apply what you learn right away. You can also customize the level of difficulty by asking questions in the forum, experimenting with the examples and by reading more of the further materials that Rainer selects for each week.
I like that each week has a clear goal and I believe the combination of the core material, the links to further information and the discussions in the Q&A sessions provide a thorough overview of each topic. Thanks to the program I have met other fellow mentees and have expanded my professional network.