Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
        Up
        Down
        ::

This isn’t about video quality but I wasn’t sure the correct forum.

There are some topics I’m interested in that are ahead of our current week. I would like to view them but I cannot move past what has been “Marked Complete” otherwise I get a message saying: “Please go back and complete the previous lesson.”

I feel it’s important to stay on track, particularly as a group, but there are two downsides. I would like to at least watch the lessons for one week ahead so I know what is coming. This causes me to mark the current weeks lessons complete lessons when they are not actually complete. Second, there are some lessons way in the future, Input and Output for example, that I’d like to watch now but are too far ahead that it’s too much clicking so I give up.

It would be nice to randomly jump ahead to any lesson and mark it complete when I feel it’s complete. Additionally, It would be nice to have a “to review”. I feel some of theoretical lessens, like lvalues/rvalues, move semantics, will need to be reviewed later (possible multiple times before they sink in).

RainerRainer
        Keymaster
          Up
          Down

I mainly enabled “Marked Complete” because I don’t want to produce all videos before the mentoring.

Now, I’m almost done and I, therefore disabled, “Marked Complete”. But keep in mind, I’m almost done. There are still improvement I will make for the upcoming weeks.

I don’t know what you mean with “to review”. Please elaborate.

Participant
              Up
              Down

Good point about videos still being developed, I didn’t think about that. Even once complete I could imagine that some might be re-recorded to add more content.

My thought about the “to review” status would be to allow someone to mark a lesson for later follow up. I can see this in a couple ways, one, the exercises. I don’t always have time to complete the exercise and I want to come back to it. There are also the CppCon Back to Basics videos that are very good but quite long, about ~1 hour, and need a dedicated time to watch. Some topics are challenging and need to be studied multiple times or are presented early but will come again in a later lesson. I imagine lvalue / rvalue references will need some review when going over class lifecycle and copy constructors / move constructors, etc.

I don’t know that it’s worth modifying the site to add something like this, I’m just making a suggestion. I have a big document where I’m writing notes and tracking these kinds of things.

RainerRainer
                Keymaster
                  Up
                  Down

I hope, I get you right. You want a kind of tag system. You tag all lessons that are worth to watch once more. Let me see what I can find.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.